Understanding the Principles and Practice of Assessment Level 3
£149 – discounts may apply
24 GLH recommended
Up to 12 weeks
Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
19 years +
For group bookings, contact email@example.com
The Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment is a knowledge-only Award for those who are starting their journey as an assessor, or for those who need to know about assessment practice but who are not currently practicing e.g. a starting point for aspiring assessors or a professional development qualification for managers, HR or quality assurance personnel.
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
It has been designed:
- For individuals who are not in an assessor’s role, or who have just started their journey as an assessor in the further education and skills sector / private sector
- For individuals who are interested in knowing more about assessment or who need to know about assessment practice as part of their role
- For individuals who want a short qualification to enable them to make career choices
- For individuals who are not currently practicing e.g. a starting point for aspiring assessors or a professional development qualification for managers, HR or quality assurance personnel
- For individuals who are carrying out assessments and quality assurance in most learning environments including FE, Adult Continuing Learning, Employers and Third Sector
- For individuals who are carrying out quality assurance in all occupational sectors
- For individuals working in accredited learning OR non accredited learning (where people may assess performance but do not assess for a qualification); the NQF and the RQF
- For individuals who have already achieved some Education & Training or Learning & Development units that can be carried forward into this qualification
For individuals who have completed some introduction to training qualifications
Following completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the principles and requirements of assessment
- Understand different types of assessment method
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand quality assurance of the assessment process
- Understand how to manage information relating to assessment
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
The typical learner takes approximately 24 hours to complete this qualification however learners go at their own pace and can complete within one week or can take up to 12 months depending on their personal circumstances
The qualification is assessed by 1x essay.
- Be at least 19 years old
- Possess good reading & writing skills in English
- Possess good knowledge of the subject you wish to assess
You can study this course via:
- Blended learning – self-study and face-to-face assessment
Regardless of the study method you choose, all learners will get the full training content online as part of our eLearning package and will receive free access to this for one-year. This includes all PowerPoints, course notes and handouts.
YES! We believe in being upfront – the fee you pay will include everything you need and there are no additional hidden costs such as assessment or certification fees.
We work closely with our awarding organisation to provide the best possible qualifications. Our course is accredited by Ofqual and is recognised everywhere. Visit https://register.ofqual.gov.uk/
This course does not qualify you to assess. It simply provides you with the theory and understanding behind assessment. If you need to be able to assess you will need the Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
Our online course system is available 24/7 and you can log in from any device that has an internet connection. This includes desktop computers, laptops, tablet computers and even Smart phones!
There are instalment options available. Certificates for the course would not be released until the full balance has been paid. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org